Green Goddess: Strawberry and feta whip edition
It’s spring, and soon to be the start of a fresh summer season of growth and greens. So here’s to it, and here’s a new green goddess salad to try your hand at.
P.S have you tried the strawberries from Streamside yet? My. Goddess.
The pickled Vege
1 cup vinegar (white or apple cider)
1 cup water
1 tbsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
- In a pan over medium heat, place the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and clove and toast for a few seconds until fragrant.
- In a bowl or container, place the vinegar, water, sugar and salt and stir to dissolve.
- Add the spices.
- Thinly slice the carrot and radishes and add the pickle brine.
- Leave to pickle for at least 30 minutes. You can reuse the brine until it loses its sharpness due to the liquid in the vege making it watering.
Bunch of broad beans
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Slice the courgette and gather your broad beans.
- In a pan over medium heat add some olive oil. Fry the courgette and broad beans until lightly golden and add the balsamic vinegar.
- set aside to cool.
1 bunch parsley
1 small bunch mint
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, add all ingredients and blitz until it turns into a sauce. Adjust salt to taste.
Putting the salad together:
Pickled radish and carrot
Sauteed broad beans and courgette
Feta whip (Blitz regular feta with a little olive oil, herbs and lemon juice or try our vegan feta recipe from www.streamsideorganics.co.nz/blogs/recipes/fennel-slaw-with-silverbeet-hash-with-pea-puree-and-feta)
- In a bowl, mix the spinach, sauteed broad beans and courgettes, and the green sauce together until well coated.
- In a separate bowl, add half of the tossed salad, then add a layer of pickled radish and carrot and crumble feta.
- Repeat another layer with remaining ingredients and top with fresh herbs and sliced strawberries.