Name: Noemies Spring time bowl
One last gasp from spring, then let’s bring on Summer!
We’re going all in with this one. If you’ve got it in your vege box, it’s going in the bowl. Nice and simple, tasty and incredibly fresh.
- 1 pack of noodles of your choice (200g)
- 2 carrots, julienned, grated or spiralled
- 1 cucumber sliced or in ribbons
- 1/2 red onion or 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- broad beans, blanched
- pak choy, sliced length way
- chopped coriander and mint
- chopped nuts (peanuts, cashews, sesame seeds...)
- Any veggies you feel like will work in this, red cabbage, broccoli, capsicum, roasted pumpkin, green beans.. be wild. Empty out that vegetable drawer in the fridge!
- 1 block tofu
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli or honey
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli
- 1 tbsp tamarind puree
- 1 tbsp sriracha or other chilli sauce, or finely chopped fresh chilli
- 1 lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup boiling water (I use the boiling water the noodles are cooking in)
1) First, get rid of all the juices from the tofu packet and wrap the block tight in a tea towel for at least an hour. Rest something heavy on top of the tofu if you’d like to speed up the process. Dry tofu will have a beautiful texture and make for a crispier finish.
(Hot tip: freeze your tofu then defrost it. Great texture, easier to drain the excess liquid).
2) Cook your noodles and rinse them in cold water as soon as they are done (avoids stickiness)
3) In a large bowl whisk all the dressing ingredients together, add the noodles, veggies, herbs and some of the nuts and stir well.
4) Get back to your tofu, cut it in cubes and coat it lightly with corn flour. fry it until golden in a pan then set aside.
5) In the same pan, stir in soy sauce, sriracha, tomato puree, garlic and ginger, until it starts to bubble. Add in the tofu and stir until sticky.
Serve up your salad and top with tofu and remaining nuts
Tips: Both the tofu sauce and dressing will hold well in the fridge. Make a big batch of each and you’ve got the quickest meal possible waiting at home.