It's soon to be all things soup, curry, goulash and roasties. Here's a delicious roast pumpkin curry to put your entire vege box to work this week!
2 tsp cumin seeds
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
2. Cut all ingredients in small cubes, place on a baking tray making sure the pumpkin is separate from other veggies. Sprinkle with oil, cumin seeds and salt and pepper.
3. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
4 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger
1 black cardamom pod seeds
1 tsp Kashmiri massala
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 to 1 cup of stock or water (depending on how thick you want your gravy)
1. Put a pot on medium heat with some oil.
2. Roughly chop onion, garlic and ginger and fry until soft.
3. Roughly chop your tomatoes and keep aside.
4. Add the cardamom, fennel and turmeric to the pot and stir.
5. Add your chopped tomatoes, salt, and stock or water and stir.
6. Leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Once ready, leave to cool.
8. Once cool, blend until smooth.
1 red onion
1 tin chickpeas
2 tsp coriander seeds
1. Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Keep aside.
2. Slice onion.
3. Heat a frying pan with oil.
4. Add sliced onion and fry until just starting to brown.
5. Add chickpeas, coriander seeds and salt and fry until brown.
Now plate everything up :)
Add spinach, top with coriander leaves, drizzle some coconut milk, serve with rice or naan... Basta!