If you’re wondering what to do with that big, beautiful bunch of Brussel Sprouts in your vege box, we’ve got you covered! This sticky soy spout recipe is a delicious side for your next meal. It’s easy to adjust to your taste, crank the chilli up to 11, splash some lime to give it bite or add piles of fresh coriander to give It some green crunch!
2 cloves garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp honey
- Bring a pot of water with a pinch of salt to the boil.
- Slice Brussel sprouts in half and add to boiling water. Blanch for 2 minutes, strain and leave to steam out.
- While brussels are steaming out, make the sauce.
- In a small bowl, grate the ginger and add the soy sauce, honey, and miso. Stir well. Add a tsp of water if too thick.
- Slice the garlic and chilli.
- Put a pan on medium heat with some oil (sesame or any oil) and add the garlic to lightly brown then add the chilli.
- Add the brussel sprouts and fry until lightly brown.
- Add the sauce and stir around. Cook until caramelised.
- Top with sesame seeds, fried shallots, coriander, lime zest… Basta!