We have given you all the recipes from scratch, but feel free to sub in anything premade you want to use. You may want to get to dinner faster. When it’s lasagna waiting for you at the finish line, I can’t say I blame you!
First up are the individual parts, then the method for putting it all together. Enjoy!
1TB olive oil
¼ tsp salt
-Knead together until a smooth dough is formed. Cover and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll out to the size of your baking dish with plenty of flour, about 2 mm thick.
Sugo al basilico (Tomato sauce)
2 celery sticks
About 800g of tomatoes (Tinned or fresh, boiled and skinned)
4 cloves of garlic
1)Add finely chopped celery, onion and carrot to a pan with some olive oil and cook on very low heat. (Increase heat, add wine and reduce if desired)
2)Use the stick blender to blitz the sofrito with the garlic and some olive oil until smooth.
3)Bring back to the pan, on low heat. Add the tomatoes to the sofrito with a bit of salt and pepper, stir well and gently cook covered for an hour.
4)Take the lid off and cook for a further 30 to 45 minutes, to thicken.
5)When ready, add a handful of chopped fresh basil and basta!
¼ C plain flour
2 C soy milk
4 TB Angel’s food parmesan
1 TB nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1)Melt the Olivani in a small pot. Add your flour and cook out, stirring continuously.
2)Start incorporating your milk a little at a time. After each addition becomes smooth, repeat till all the milk is added.
3)Stir in remainder of ingredients, season and adjust consistency with extra milk if necessary.
handful of mushrooms
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1) Finely chop or grate the garlic and place it in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp olive and mix.
2) Slice the mushrooms and add to the garlic oil along with salt and pepper.
3) Slice the courgettes, aubergine and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4) Either heat your barbecue, a skillet, or turn your oven on to 200 C and cook all veggies.
Making the lasagna
1) Preheat oven at 180 C
2) In a baking dish, evenly spread a layer of sugo al basilico to cover the bottom of the dish.
3) Add sheet of pasta, spread sugo al basilico on top and add your garlic mushrooms.
4) Add sheet of pasta, spread with white sauce then place your courgettes on top.
5) Add sheet of pasta, spread with sugo al basilico then your aubergines.
(repeat layers as needed or desired)
6) Add final sheet of pasta, the remaining white sauce and top with some sliced tomatoes.
7) Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes